Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Big Idea

So what's the idea? After all, this blog is called, "Dave's Idea Page." So here it is. I am always thinking up ideas. At first, I was going to do some of them (for example, I have three or four books I want to write). But I'm very busy. I realized a couple of years ago that I'm probably not going to implement most of these ideas. So ...
I thought it would be a good idea to write a book with my ideas in it. A few months ago, I realized I'm probably not going to get around to writing that book (the idea book). So ...
I thought maybe I could start an idea page on the web. Add an idea a week. It's not as imposing as a book. Some, or maybe even one of my ideas might be interesting to someone.
And this is really the point. It's not that I'm some sort of egomaniac who needs attention. It's just, that I think up stuff. I'm probably not going to use the ideas (most of them). So ...
If you find anything here interesting. Have at it. Understand, (get ready for fine print) that I have no idea if these are new ideas. If you want to try and make money using one of my ideas, go ahead. I give you full permission. But ...
Check to make sure it's not patented or whatever by someone else.

Diversion: Unless otherwise noted, I believe these ideas to be original, that is, I thought them up rather than copying them from someone. Now, it's quite possible that someone else has thought up many of them already. I still thought them up, so they are original. But they may not be new or unique. Example: Back in the early days of computer mice, when people started developing repetitive stress injuries from using the mouse. I thought, "It's the pushing of the mouse button in combination with moving the mouse that's really the problem. What if you could 'steer' the mouse with your hand and use a foot pedal to 'click.'" So I did a patent search. Wouldn't you know someone had patented that exact idea a good 10-15 years earlier. Bummer.
It was an original idea, but not new or unique.

So ... These will be my ideas, but they may not be unique. Do you homework if you want to pursue one.

So that's what the idea page is about. Welcome to my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great !

Mac and Cheese Ramen Noodles

Ramen noodles. The college student's treat. The staple of the thrifty. The ultimate convenience food. So here's another ramen noodl...