Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Work at Home: Reminder Service

I live in Massachusetts. The state division of motor vehicles used to send out a renewal notice when your driver's license was about to expire. Sometime within the last year or two, they stopped the practice. When I found out about it, I had only about 4 days to renew my license - but I know several people whose licenses had expired. I'm not saying you shouldn't pay attention to when your license expires, but if you have been receiving reminders from the state for years, it is understandable that when they stop, without telling you, it would be easy to get caught.

So, here's my idea. Someone could start a home-based business reminding people about things. License renewal is one thing - and what got me thinking - but some people need to be reminded about birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Here's how it would work. You give me, let's say, $1.99 (one-time fee), and I send you a reminder postcard two weeks before your license expires. Simple. Effective. Low start-up costs (just postcards and some advertising).

I know, you computer-savy people are saying, just set up an appointment in your computer calendar. Yup, that will work. But, there are a lot of people who are not that computer-savy. And my idea will work even if your hard drive crashes or you lose your internet connection.

Think about it ...

No comments:

Mac and Cheese Ramen Noodles

Ramen noodles. The college student's treat. The staple of the thrifty. The ultimate convenience food. So here's another ramen noodl...